My mom does this thing where she lists the points of her day — ie, every thing she accomplished, no matter the size. Her goal is 24 points a day. She doesn’t give herself negative feedback; only positive. That’s the theory, anyway.
So I’m giving it a whirl. I could use some positive encouragement.
Today I ….
- Got up before 8am.
- Got out the door before 9 (that’s when my class starts).
- Did not cry when faced with the evil parking meter of doom nor my welling up feelings of anger surrounding the ableism in Canada’s redundant bureaucracies.
- Managed to read a myth in pursuit of The One to turn into a skit for our class presentation.
- Worked with my group to create our proposal.
- Typed up the proposal.
- Wrote an entry for the 55 Words Challenge.
- Re-organized my canned food.
- Cooked dinner.
- Did dishes.
- Started the process for my entry into the Blacksmith Liberty & Entrepreneurship Camp. (Lithuania July 2012 or bust!)
- Resisted the siren call of McDonald’s.
12 points is good! Considering I have half as much energy as Mom does on a good day.
Do you have a points system similar to this? If your system is different, what’s it like?